Announcements !
We have firmed up a time for the performance of "10,000 Things". We will attend the Thursday, May 29 performance. Please mark your calendars. More details soon...This performance is required.
There will also be an opportunity to join the Amsterdam study abroad students for The Diary of Ann Frank at the Intiman. It's been getting great reviews. This performance is optional.
Due for Thursday's seminar:
-Seattle Monument/memorials. Significance of a site you select. Your interpretation and knowledge of this site. What "ghosts" are present. What does it tell us about the area, history of Seattle, culture, etc. etc. What defines a memorial/monument?
-respond briefly to the readings (chapters 2-4 in Ghosts of Berlin)
--blog posts for "rethinking thinking" and "research 101" briefly. We will be discussing these topics in more depth on April 24, but good to get started on your responses this week. Take a look at some of the postings on the students blogs so far. Very interesting connections!
Thursday's seminar "City as Text" with Sabine Lang speaking on "Introduction to Research Topics: Where to go in Berlin" will prepare you to start deciding on your top three topics (i.e. your research topics for Berlin). "Speed dating" to decide group members happens next week, April 24!
See you soon.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
...Would it be possible in the future to ask us to blog about things for Thursday before Wednesday?
Also, I found the Rethinking Thinking article impossible to read, as, unless I'm going truly insane, it is strung together in the wrong order.
I don't know how to post this, so I will post it here and hope it gets passed on. The German department puts on a play every year and I'm in it, so everyone should go see it. It's in German, but shouldn't be too hard to follow because it's based on Fairy tales. It's on May 30 & 31. I hope some people can come
Hello everyone!
Since we are all required to watch Fair Play on a day of our choice, I thought some people might like to go together. I am planning to watch the show on Thursday, May 1 if anyone wants to join!
Have a GREAT week =D
-Rachel Kim
Thursday May 1 sounds good. Midterms will be over for me :)
May 1st sounds good for me. I think Jackie will go then too.
I'm in for May 1 too!
Also, does anyone know if we have a reading assignment due on the 24th?
good idea, rachel, may 1st it is
Post a Comment